10 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Star Paige
February 6, 2015 - WWE
Paige’s arise to WWE stardom might seem meteoric, and it was. She won a WWE Divas Championship in her categorical register debut, overwhelming AJ Lee and a wrestling world. But her blast onto a categorical theatre came usually after a long, delayed burn.
The immature starlet from a wrestling family had been drifting around a ring for a decade, honing her chops on eccentric circuits opposite Europe and North America. She was no foreigner to a squared circle. Fans everywhere shortly embraced her singular multiple of attitude, theatre participation and technical prowess.
And now she’s one of WWE’s biggest names. Here are 10 things we didn’t know about Paige, a new (and substantially future) Divas Champion.
Listen to a new talk with WWE luminary Paige: Part 1 | Part 2
1. Paige was innate as Saraya-Jade Bevis in Aug of 1992. She grew adult in Norwich, England, where her family runs a World Association of Wrestling (WAW). Her relatives (Ricky Knight and Sweet Saraya) and dual comparison brothers (Zak Knight and Roy Knight) all wrestle. Bevis’s mom also runs Bellatrix Female Warriors
2. As Bevis tells it, “I was a fetus when we initial took my initial bump, since my mom was profound and she only didn’t know.” She first wrestled during a age of 10 or 11, training in her father’s monthly wrestling training school. Bevis debuted for WAW in 2005 during 13 years aged as Britani Knight.
3. By a age of 14, Britani was wrestling in France, Germany, Norway, Scotland, Turkey a United States and other countries for several eccentric promotions. She mostly trafficked alone. The immature wrestler won countless singles and tab group titles, including a German Stampede Wrestling Ladies title, a Real Deal Wrestling Women’s Championship and a Swiss Championship Wrestling Ladies Championship.
4. Britani teamed adult with and feuded opposite her mother, appearing as Sweet Saraya, both in Europe and America. Her final eccentric compare pitted a dual opposite any other.
5. Bevis first auditioned for WWE in Nov 2010, though was rejected. Her subsequent time around — in Apr 2011 — went most better, heading to a sealed developmental agreement after in a year. Her hermit Zak attempted out for WWE around a same time, though was not signed.
6. Bevis’s audition for WWE is a theme of a British documentary The Wrestlers: Fighting with My Family. The film recounts a year in a life of her family, going from a internal eventuality to her WWE entrance as Paige.
Check out even some-more Sports Lists.
7. Bevis debuted as Saraya for Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) in Jan 2012. She was separated second in a six-person conflict royal. He television in-ring debut followed a integrate months after when she teamed adult with Sofia Cortez in a losing effort. She shortly altered her name to Paige.
8. Not prolonged after Paige’s debut, FCW was re-branded as NXT. The WWE developmental graduation staged an eight-woman tournament for a initial women’s championship. In Jun of 2013, Paige degraded Tamina Snuka and Alicia Fox en track to a pretension feat over Emma. She hold a belt for 10 months.
9. In Apr of 2014, Paige degraded AJ Lee to win a WWE Divas title. She became a initial WWE champion innate in a 1990s and a youngest Divas champion ever. Paige was 21 during a time. She lost a title to AJ Lee in late Jun of that same year.
10. Paige debuted on Total Divas in Jan of 2015, partway by deteriorate three.
Norm Elrod likes sports and other authorised forms of craziness.