This Week In WWE Biz: The Undertaker Plans, Brock Lesnar Leaving?, Ronda Rousey Schedule, More
March 17, 2018 - WWE
WWE Has Plans For The Undertaker After WrestleMania 34
The Undertaker competence not float off into a nightfall during WrestleMania 34, after all.
According to PWInsider.com (h/t WrestlingInc), “The Deadman” is set to seem during WWE’s “Greatest Royal Rumble” in Saudi Arabia subsequent month, nonetheless it’s misleading what his purpose on a uncover will be:
PWInsider is also stating that The Undertaker will be appearing during a uncover ‘in some fashion.’ WWE is also reportedly operative on some-more surprises for a uncover as they wish a eventuality to be ‘massive’ and ‘impactful.’
WHAT’S IT MEAN FOR WWE?
John Cena called out The Undertaker on a latest book of Raw, that radically reliable that reports of a dual confronting any other during WrestleMania 34 are indeed true.
What isn’t scarcely as clear, however, is what that competence reason for The Undertaker’s long-term destiny given a fact that he is scheduled to seem during a uncover after WrestleMania could meant one of many things. The many approaching unfolding is that Undertaker’s entrance in Saudi Arabia is a one-time thing that’s being finished to assistance sell tickets and that Taker will simply be appearing, not wrestling, on a show. Another scenario, and a many reduction approaching one, is that Undertaker could combat again after WrestleMania 34.
That would be a outrageous shocker given that Undertaker’s WrestleMania 34 compare is a warn in and of itself. The normal fan substantially insincere that Taker’s compare conflicting Reigns during WrestleMania 33 would be his last, generally given indications that a WWE Network subscriber count isn’t affected either definitely or negatively when WWE uses part-time stars such as “The Deadman.” There’s been no word, however, on possibly The Undertaker was coaxed out of retirement or indeed is usually scratching a eagerness to combat again.
One would consider that it competence be a multiple of both, nonetheless it would be a warn to see a 53-year-old Undertaker edging adult a boots during a non-WrestleMania uncover ever again. With many speculating that a “Greatest Royal Rumble” will atmosphere on a WWE Network, though, maybe a association hopes that a further of The Undertaker to a label could assistance expostulate adult a series of subscribers notwithstanding a low subscriber count suggesting that won’t happen.
But if a eventuality does not atmosphere on a WWE Network, afterwards The Undertaker’s approaching entrance is approaching function utterly in hopes that some-more fans will attend a uncover than would if he wasn’t on it. That could describe any gibberish about what this means for Undertaker’s future, well, radically meaningless.
CHECK THIS OUT
— With Spandex UPROXX (@WithSpandex) March 14, 2018
Will WWE Allow Brock Lesnar To Compete For UFC If He Signs A New Deal?
WHAT’S THE DEAL?
Brock Lesnar will have to select between WWE and UFC given he can’t have both.
According to Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer (h/t Cageside Seats), WWE will not concede Lesnar to quarrel for UFC while he is underneath a WWE contract:
The Observer also says Lesnar is disposition toward returning to UFC given WWE won’t let him quarrel in a Octagon while underneath agreement to them again after he got bad press for his unsuccessful drug tests around UFC 200.
WHAT’S IT MEAN FOR WWE?
Though Lesnar competence simply be regulating a intensity UFC run as a approach of alighting a improved WWE contract, it’s positively probable that Lesnar will eventually have to select between a two.
Reports now prove that WWE “is relocating forward” with skeleton to do Lesnar vs. Reigns for a Universal Championship during WrestleMania 34, and the devise for some-more than a year now has been for Reigns to improved Lesnar to win a pretension and spin a new face of WWE. However, that outcome always seemed to be designed regardless of possibly or not Lesnar was formulation on re-signing with a company, so it’s doubtful that Lesnar dropping a Universal pretension during WrestleMania 34 can be taken as a pointer that he’s leaving.
Now does seem like a right time to let Lesnar leave if he’s vigilant on returning to UFC, though. The cyclical inlet of a WWE Network subscriber count indicates that “The Beast” unequivocally isn’t creation a quantifiable disproportion when it comes to consistently attracting new fans, and given that he was, by final check, WWE’s tip paid star, we could positively disagree that WWE would be improved off utilizing a income typically spent on Lesnar elsewhere.
UFC boss Dana White seems assured Lesnar will lapse to a company, and nonetheless zero is set in mill as of yet, that would advise Lesnar would cite to leave WWE during a time when UFC is unequivocally unfortunate for star power. It’s eventually adult to Lesnar to confirm if a some-more long-term understanding with WWE would be improved for him than what would roughly confidently be a brief run in UFC, where he can substantially make some-more income essentially nonetheless competence not final as long.
Vince McMahon and association shouldn’t persperate it possibly way, though, given WWE will be usually excellent with or yet Lesnar, possibly temporarily or for good.
CHECK THIS OUT
Week in Wrestling: UFC champ Stipe Miocic in a intensity quarrel with Brock Lesnar: “I’d win, there’s no question.” https://t.co/GJkfyhQwHy
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) March 14, 2018
Possible WrestleMania 34 Plans For Shane McMahon And Daniel Bryan
WHAT’S THE DEAL?
Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan are both approaching to have vital roles during WrestleMania 34.
According to Cageside Seats (h/t PWMania), a announced compare between Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn is approaching to change and will underline both Shane and Bryan in some way, figure or form:
There is conjecture that WWE will spin this compare into a Triple Threat Match that will see Owens vs. Zayn vs. McMahon with SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan finale adult as a guest referee.
There [have] also been rumblings of doing a tab group compare that would see Owens and Zayn vs. McMahon and a partner with Bryan as a referee.
WHAT’S IT MEAN FOR WWE?
There are unconfirmed rumors that Vince McMahon could combat during WrestleMania 34, where he’d group with his son Shane to take on Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. However, given a risk of putting someone of his age in a compare and a open recoil that competence start if he’s injured, that seems to be a prolonged shot during best.
Although Shane pronounced on a many new book of SmackDown that he’d be holding a leave of deficiency from a show, it’s approaching that deficiency will be ephemeral and that Shane will lapse in time for some arrange of tab group compare conflicting Owens and Zayn during WrestleMania 34. Even nonetheless it’s doubtful that Vince will combat during his age, all of a indications are that Shane will have a partner for a tab group compare that will be refereed by Bryan.
Of course, a ideal conditions would see Bryan teaming adult with Shane, nonetheless given Bryan has still not been privileged to wrestle, that’s also an doubtful scenario. WWE could instead select to do a triple hazard compare between Owens, Zayn and Shane, nonetheless given that Owens and Zayn seem to be on a same page and WrestleMania is approaching to underline maybe 3 other triple hazard matches (for a US, IC and SmackDown tab group titles), that would be a bit overkill.
Since SmackDown did see a significant burst in viewership this past week, maybe WWE will demeanour to lift out a large warn for Shane’s partner in sequence to keep that movement going. If WWE does confirm to go a tab group track for Shane, there would be no necessity of intensity partners for a SmackDown Commissioner, a list that includes Dolph Ziggler, Bobby Lashley and Rey Mysterio.
CHECK THIS OUT
— Wrestling News (@WrestlingNewsCo) March 15, 2018
Update On Ronda Rousey’s Schedule
WHAT’S THE DEAL?
There has been some difficulty about Ronda Rousey’s arriving news after a series of opposing reports emerged per her standing for arriving editions of Raw.
After blank this week’s Raw notwithstanding being advertised, Ronda Rousey was during one prove being advertised for usually one some-more Raw entrance before WrestleMania 34. However, a news from Pro Wrestling Sheet says an blunder by a WWE.com staff is a usually reason given Rousey was advertised for all of those appearances to start with as she was not ostensible to be advertised for final week’s Raw in Detroit:
WWE announced final week that Ronda Rousey would seem on each Raw before to WrestleMania 34, nonetheless that didn’t happen…and Pro Wrestling Sheet has schooled a reason. Sources tell us Ronda was ‘incorrectly advertised’ by WWE.com given a newly sealed Superstar was scheduled for medical contrast in Pittsburgh on Monday, not Raw in Detroit. Our sources highlight that this was NOT a box of Rousey skipping a uncover for another requirement and that she truly wanted to be there, nonetheless couldn’t due to a testing.
It’s misleading who done a mistake on WWE’s side of things by edition a proclamation final week, nonetheless we’re told it was common conflicting all amicable media platforms given each dialect saw it was posted online and had no reason to trust they shouldn’t do a same. As we formerly reported, a essay has given been deleted from WWE.com. We’re told that from now on Rousey will be benefaction during each Raw before to WrestleMania, nonetheless it’s probable she’ll be featured in a dim shred usually seen by a live audience.
WHAT’S IT MEAN FOR WWE?
According to a news from WrestlingInc, there were a lot of indignant fans during this past week’s Raw taping from Detroit after WWE advertised both Rousey and Lesnar usually for conjunction star to appear: “Fans were dissapoint given there was no eight-man dim categorical eventuality as advertised and no appearances by Ronda Rousey or WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, who were also advertised.”
That is a surefire approach to dissapoint fans who already discontented with Rousey being called a “full-time star” when she is not operative live events or appearing on each part of Raw. The biggest barrier confronting Rousey right now is winning over a notoriously oppressive WWE fans, who don’t simply accept “outsiders” or part-timers entrance into a association no matter who those stars are or how famous they competence be.
The widespread faith is that Rousey will indeed be operative a news some-more like that of Lesnar, and as we’ve seen with a disastrous greeting to “The Beast” as of late, many fans are not anxious about a prospects of part-timers display adult here and there and afterwards disintegrating for prolonged stretches. The emanate with Rousey, though, is that given of her sketch power WWE will not wish to overexpose her early on given that could annul her ability to spin a pull in WWE.
In essence, WWE is stranded between a stone (making Rousey a legitimate full-timer) and a tough place (using her occasionally) given there are pros and cons to both, not a slightest of that is a probability that fans reject her if she is frequency ever around. The good news for Rousey, however, is that reports prove she is well-liked backstage and is noticed as someone who is ardent about pro wrestling, so that should bode good for her chances of success.
Still, that won’t forestall many from scrutinizing each step Rousey creates in WWE, generally ones that competence paint her in a disastrous light to a company’s many doctrinaire fans.
CHECK THIS OUT
— MMAFighting.com (@MMAFighting) March 13, 2018
WHAT ELSE IS NEW?
- Raw viewership was adult substantially to an normal of 3.352 million viewers after averaging 3.099 million a prior week. That is to be approaching as we nearby WrestleMania 34 nonetheless is a clever pointer that a red brand’s tip feuds are clicking, generally given that hour dual was indeed adult from hour one.
- SmackDown drew a best viewership given Apr 2017 with an normal of 2.771 million viewers. Much of a credit for that should go to a good requisitioned and improved than approaching Fastlane pay-per-view, nonetheless now, a pivotal will be gripping adult that movement as we nearby WrestleMania 34.
- The latest part of a Mixed Match Challenge peaked during 81,200 live viewers, down a tad from final week’s 88,500. Let’s wish that series travels in a conflicting instruction as we nearby a finish of a tournament.
- WWE may have scrapped Sasha Banks vs. Bayley from WrestleMania 34, approaching due to time constraints, and that will be a outrageous beating for fans of a women’s division.
- WWE could be moving SummerSlam to an MLB track in 2019, a outrageous change that would approaching concede a association to, during a really least, double a standard assemblage for a show.
- In an engaging twist, tickets for NXT TakeOver in New Orleans have sole improved than “Raw After ‘Mania” tickets, that should tell WWE it needs to make improvements to a categorical register product.
- Jeff Hardy has completed rehab for his surgically remade shoulder and is set to be during a Performance Center soon, nonetheless there has been conjecture that his lapse could be behind after his new detain for an purported DWI.
- After WWE received a ton of backlash over a preference to name a women’s conflict stately after The Fabulous Moolah, a association dropped Moolah’s name from a bout, that was apparently a intelligent PR move.
- Braun Strowman may or competence not have a partner during WrestleMania 34, where he’ll plea for a Raw Tag Team Championship, nonetheless if he does have one, a many approaching claimant to join him is nothing other than Elias.
- Chris Jericho could be returning to WWE subsequent month for a “Greatest Royal Rumble” even in Saudi Arabia, nonetheless it’s misleading if that would be a one-off understanding or a start of another extended run for Y2J.
- Big Show’s WWE agreement reportedly expired, nonetheless WWE has signed him to a new deal to sojourn with a company. It’s still approaching that he’ll usually be used sparingly as a wrestler going forward.
- WWE recently released a series of NXT stars due to overcrowding during a Performance Center, and proof says a association was also looking to cut costs.
- WWE announced that WrestleMania 35 will be hold in MetLife Stadium next year. The pay-per-view was final hold there in 2013 for WrestleMania 29, that was headlined by a rematch between The Rock and John Cena.
- Early WrestleMania betting odds have tabbed Roman Reigns, Finn Balor and a twin of Kurt Angle and Ronda Rousey as approaching winners of their particular matches. No surprises there.
- Here are some engaging income numbers for WWE executives in 2017. What’s many important is that Shane McMahon warranted $1.3 million final year while Triple H netted $1.5 million utterly for their work as on-screen performers, that of course, was utterly limited.
Blake Oestriecher is an facile propagandize clergyman by day and a sports author by night. He’s a writer to a Forbes @SportsMoneyBlog, where he essentially covers WWE. You can follow him on Twitter @BOestriecher.