‘WWE 2K16’: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
October 19, 2015 - WWE
To contend that WWE 2K15 was a beating is an understatement. For a series’ large pierce to current-gen consoles, many approaching it to turn a best installment of a wrestling make-believe to date.
As many fans know, that wasn’t a case. Yuke’s and Visual Concepts went behind to a sketch house for WWE 2K16 and it shows. Adjustments have been done to a mainline compare mechanics, such as a singular use of reversals and a code new acquiescence system. Along with those new changes, WWE 2K16 is bringing with it a large register filled with classical and stream Superstars and Divas.
We’re here to give we demeanour during those aforementioned components and so many some-more before WWE 2K16 strictly hits a squared circle. Here’s all we need to know about 2K Sports’ subsequent wrestling simulation.
“GIMMIE A HELL YEAH!”
1. This Year’s Showcase Mode Focuses on “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
WWE 2K15 noted a entrance of a new mode called Showcase. This ancestral retelling of past Superstars and their mythological feuds featured Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H and John Cena vs. CM Punk, and a many critical career durations for The Ultimate Warrior, Christian and Mark Henry.
WWE 2K16 is giving “Stone Cold” Steve Austin (it’s cover athlete) executive billing for Showcase Mode. Players will get to attend in Austin’s biggest matches and re-enact a many standout moments of his mythological run. Austin’s even gotten to supplement his elite playlist to a game’s official soundtrack!
Here’s a list of a matches announced for play so distant for Steve Austin’s career retrospective in Showcase Mode:
1. vs. Brian Pillman – Clash Of The Champions XXV
2. vs. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat – Bash At The Beach ’94
3. vs. Mikey Whipwreck – Nov To Remember ’95
4. vs. Savio Vega – WrestleMania XII or In Your House: Beware Of Dog
5. vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts – King Of The Ring ’96
6. vs. Bret “The Hitman” Hart – Survivor Series ’96
7. vs. Vader vs. Bret “The Hitman” Hart vs. Undertaker – In Your House: Final Four
8. vs. Bret “The Hitman” Hart – WrestleMania 13
9. vs. The Rock – D-Generation X: In Your House
10. vs. “The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels – WrestleMania XIV
11. vs. Undertaker – Rock Bottom ’98
12. vs. Mr. McMahon – St. Valentine’s Day Massacre ’99
13. vs. The Rock – Backlash ’99
14. vs. Undertaker – Fully Loaded ’99
15. Royal Rumble 2001
16. vs. Triple H – No Way Out 2001
17. vs. The Rock – WrestleMania X-Seven
2. WWE 2K16 Features The Biggest Roster of The Series to Date
For those who were let down by final year’s featured register in WWE 2K15, WWE 2K16 should replenish your certainty with a list of playable Superstars and Divas. This entrance in a array outlines a 1st time where it gathers together a biggest collection of wrestlers to date. Current Superstars, Hall of Famers, Legends and Divas new and aged make adult WWE 2K16’s roster. Take a demeanour during a pic posted above and see if we can mark your favorite wrestlers that you’ll be determining soon. Head to this link to see a full register inventory for a game.
The biggest register members you’ll come opposite are dual informed faces from a classical film array – Arnold Schwarzenegger’s dual robotic forms from a The Terminator. Pre-ordering WWE 2K16 will give we present entrance to these dual robotic badasses.
3. MyCareer Has Been Vastly Improved Over WWE 2K15’s Take on The Popular Game Mode
MyCareer has been worked on extensively for this sequel. For this upgraded delivery of a actor driven mode, your combined Superstar has a ton of new options during his disposal. For instance, we can select to sojourn in NXT and turn a growth fed’s biggest Superstar. You can also select to brazen your career and make a play for superstardom on a categorical roster. In further to selecting to turn a singles wrestler, we also have a choice to persevere yourself to a tab team.
Your combined Superstar’s career spans a sum of 15 years. The categorical objective? Reaching a WWE Hall of Fame. Your swell adult until that finish idea will be monitored by The Authority, who will offer your Superstar new opportunities or confirm to make life really formidable for him. This storyline and many some-more tract twists will play out as we quarrel your approach to a tip of a WWE.
Along with MyCareer, players will also get to chuck themselves and other Superstars/Divas into rivalries with WWE Universe mode. The biggest change to come with this mode is a choice to capacitate Superstars to contest on mixed shows.
4. The Season Pass Gives You Access to New Wrestlers and Showcase Mode Extras
Like final year’s charity of DLC calm for a WWE game, WWE 2K16 will be given copiousness of additional calm as well. The Season Pass will present gamers with all enclosed with a game’s DLC package once purchased. Avid wrestling fans who wish even some-more register additions and gamers looking to urge their combined wrestler have a lot to demeanour brazen to here.
Nabbing a Digital Deluxe Edition of WWE 2K16 on any console will automatically extend we entrance to a Season Pass. PS4 and PS3 owners will get a giveaway credentials thesis if they confirm to pre-order a diversion off a PlayStation Network.
Here’s a central outline of WWE 2K16’s destiny DLC bonuses, that can be accessed with one singular squeeze of a game’s Season Pass:
– Players will benefit present entrance to all unlockable calm accessible in a diversion (excluding downloadable content);
– The Accelerator will be accessible for a suggested cost of $1.99.
2. MyPlayer KickStart (PS4 complement and Xbox One Exclusive)
– Players will benefit present entrance to boost combined Superstar ratings and attributes in a game’s MyCareer mode;
– MyPlayer KickStart will be accessible for a suggested cost of $9.99.
3. Legends Pack
– Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus;
– The Legends Pack will be accessible for a suggested cost of $8.99.
4. 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase
– Playable matches include:
“Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
Rikishi vs. The Rock;
Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
Larry Zbyszko vs. Arn Anderson;
Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray);
– The 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase will be accessible for a suggested cost of $9.99.
5. New Moves Pack
– More than 30 new moves, including a Corner Enzuigiri (made renouned by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made renouned by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made renouned by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made renouned by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made renouned by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);
– The New Moves Pack will be accessible for a suggested cost of $3.99.
6. Future Stars Pack
– Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy;
– The Future Stars Pack will be accessible for a suggested cost of $7.99.
5. Several Creation Modes Make Their Welcome Return
The origination apartment for WWE 2K16 is forever improved than WWE 2K15’s. A ton of new attributes, clothing, tattoos and some-more have been combined to Create a Superstar, and we can now furnish your possess Divas again. A ton of other origination modes make their lapse as good – Create a Championship, Create an Arena, Create an Entrance, Superstar Studio and Community Creations. One of a fresher modes is something called Create a Show, that is explained in fact with a video posted above.
Heavy, Inc. is a member in a Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an associate promotion module designed to yield a means for sites to acquire promotion fees by joining to Amazon. Our product recommendations are guided only by the editors. We have no attribute with manufacturers.
is Heavy’s gaming editor. Reach him during Elton@Heavy.com.
October 19, 2015 3:35 am