WWE Raw results, recap: Kane, Braun and a inexcusable funeral of …
November 28, 2017 - WWE
For as most as Raw delivered notwithstanding a handful of tip performers taken for Monday’s uncover in Knoxville, Tennessee, it’s mostly a strength of a final shred viewers see that decides an episode’s fate. And unless you’re a superfan of 50-year-old Kane, this was positively one of those times.
The ambience left in a mouth of fans after Raw’s recycled double categorical eventuality compare was adequate to forget all that came before it. Considering this was an part that saw a provoke for “Broken” Matt Hardy, a probable escalation into a Roman Reigns-Samoa Joe argument and another widespread allege from Paige’s new womanlike trio, that’s a unsatisfactory spin of events.
Kane-Braun and a funeral of Finn Balor
If Jason Jordan couldn’t benefit punish on an harmed Braun Strowman for final week, he was dynamic to do so opposite Kane, a male who kick Strowman down. After convincing his storyline father, Raw ubiquitous manager Kurt Angle, that his bruise left knee was good to go, Jordan was given a categorical eventuality slot. He cut a pre-match promo on how he dictated to infer his doubters on amicable media wrong. After Jordan non-stop a compare by manhandling Kane, “The Big Red Machine” countered by tossing him over a tip rope, reinjuring Jordan’s knee. Jordan was counted out a separate second before reentered a ring and held an extended beatdown from Kane after a match. Out came Finn Balor to settle his possess measure with Kane, that led to Angle engagement a compare between them during commercial.
Once again, it was Kane who mostly dominated offensively until a chair shot outward a ring gave Balor a feat by disqualification. Just as Kane trapped Balor’s conduct inside of a chair and set to burst off a second rope, out came an harmed Strowman, with his arm in a sling, seeking his possess retribution. After no-selling a chair to his back, Strowman topsy-turvy movement by striking Kane into a dilemma and powerslamming him onto a ring stairs in a core of a ring. Strowman continued to use his chair on Kane until a real-life mayoral claimant of Knox County, Tennessee, transient into a Knoxville throng holding his throat.
WWE has reached goblin levels in a engagement practice. Not usually does it continue to rehash a Kane-Strowman argument that passed crowds reject week after week, WWE continues to scapegoat a tip stream star in Balor for no apparent reason. Was this some kind of backstage payback for Balor’s mysterious tweets over a holiday weekend in anxiety to reports taht Vince McMahon does not trust he is “over” with fans? It’s tough to tell for certain or either Balor is somehow operative in unison with WWE in allege of a longer-term reveal. Either way, it continues to divide fans and make a hoax of nonetheless another Raw categorical event. When it’s 2017 and 50-year-old Kane is removing improved engagement than three-fourths of your roster, we tell me either that’s best for business?
Roman Reigns gets over, teases new feud
With his intercontinental championship in hand, Reigns non-stop a uncover by jubilant in his pretension feat over The Miz final week. Chants of “You de-serve it” shortly pennyless out, causing Reigns to acknowledge them (“It feels good”) before thanking a crowd. After vowing to keep a pretension prestigious by fortifying it in some form of a almost open challenge, out came The Miztourage to broach their good crony Elias, who was strumming his guitar. Elias’ plea for a pretension shot was fast supposed by Reigns, and a compare finally got started after in a uncover after an extended jam event on guitar (featuring The Miztourage on dueling harmonicas) that was designed to kill time. The shred ran so prolonged that fans cheered “we wish Roman” (along with an heard repartee of “no we don’t”).
The compare was prolonged and rewarding as a array of rest binds and earthy beatings from Elias developed into a prolonged run of nearby falls. But Reigns worked from underneath and eventually finished a Superman punch with a stalk to get a pinfall. After celebrating on a ramp, he was pounded from behind by Samoa Joe, who separate rabble speak while securing a Coquina Clutch. After agents and referees distant a two, Joe came behind for a second conflict of stomps.
Talk about a outrageous night for Reigns’ character. A argument with Joe has income created all over it and would be a delay from a tragedy they common during a build to SummerSlam (before Joe was suspended due to injury). Not usually did WWE showcase how good it has used The Shield reunion to get Reigns over as a babyface, a monster inlet of Joe’s beatdown supposing any of Reigns’ detractors only as large an event to hearten for his demise. And while Elias finished adult holding a backseat to Joe by night’s end, he was given a round in some large moments on this night and delivered huge.
Paige’s coterie creates another matter
The scheduled six-woman tab group compare was never to be as Paige, Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville – suggested for a initial time as “Absolution” — pounded Bayley and Mickie James backstage before a match. After Raw champion Alexa Bliss from a explanation counter to take shelter, a heel contingent surrounded Sasha Banks in a core of a ring. Paige cut a promo explaining her actions one week ago, job herself “the mama of a WWE [women’s] evolution.” She also gave herself credit for “single-handedly erasing a word diva from a WWE dictionary.” After Rose and Deville upheld her claims by repeating her credentials, a contingent delivered a consummate violence of a scrappy Banks, that finished with all 3 attack their finishers.
Paige, Rose and Deville would seem once some-more following Asuka’s compare after in a night to make their participation felt though removing earthy as a smiling Asuka sensitively transient after squashing Dana Brooks around submission.
Two weeks in and this angle continues to broach big. Paige is a plausible personality of a heel coterie and knows her impression so good in terms of strut and delivery. Rose also quickly showed she has large intensity on a microphone. How this allege is connected to a identical one on SmackDown should go a prolonged approach in last either a angle can be effective longterm. But for now, Paige is behind and that’s large news for a women’s division.
What else happened on Raw?
- Seth Rollins def. Cesaro around pinfall: With Sheamus in Ireland on vacation and Dean Ambrose on his honeymoon, Rollins and Cesaro sole out in this three-segment compare notwithstanding zero during stake. After a array of nearby falls over a second half, Rollins held Cesaro’s springboard uppercut try with a superkick before attack his Kingslayer knee for a 1-2-3. Afterwards, Rollins shot down Charly Caruso’s idea that Reigns’ pretension will separate adult The Shield and announced he and Ambrose will plead their rematch proviso successive week opposite Sheamus Cesaro.
- Kurt Angle addresses a cruiserweights: After being approached by a quad of 205-pounders angry about a miss of opportunity, a Raw ubiquitous manager certified to carrying let a multiplication “run out of control” while feuding with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Angle requisitioned a span of deadly 4-way matches on Raw over a successive dual weeks with a winners confronting off for a shot during Enzo Amore’s cruiserweight championship.
- Samoa Joe def. Titus O’Neil around submission: Seeking punish for being choked out during a new part of Raw, O’Neil came out banishment with unbending strikes and dominated from start to finish. But a referee’s daze began his undoing as Joe fool punched O’Neil before forcing him to daub out to a Coquina Clutch. Afterwards, Joe did a same to Apollo Crews following a brief brawl.
- Bray Wyatt def. Matt Hardy around pinfall | Hardy starts breaking: Wyatt cut a pre-match promo job a throng pitiable for doing what they have been told their whole lives. “I attempted though we never listened when we attempted to uncover we a way,” Wyatt said. “So now your ignorance, it fuels me and your pang brings me joy. None of we are alive. You are all dead.” The successive compare saw an early finale when Hardy missed a moonsault from a tip wire before Wyatt strike Sister Abigail for a 1-2-3. Afterwards, Hardy sat adult in a dilemma and yelled “delete” as announcer Michael Cole teased “a Hardy breakdown.”
- Rich Swann def. def Noam Dar (via pinfall), Akira Tozawa and Ariya Daivari: Swann strike a large mark early with a springboard 450 dash outward a ring and after triggered a energy explosve of his 3 competitors as Dar and Daivari concurrently strike a superplex on Tozawa. Following a furious array of nearby falls, Swann strike his Phoenix dash on Dar for a pin.