WWE SmackDown results, recap: Raw and The Shield invade, Charlotte wins a title
November 15, 2017 - WWE
WWE indispensable a clever build to Survivor Series, and that is accurately what a association achieved during a past dual weeks on both Raw and SmackDown Live. Tuesday night’s uncover was well-developed as it told a finish story on dual hours streamer into an approaching though nonetheless sparkling conclusion.
A new champion was crowned, blue-brand feuds were modernized and a theatre was set for what is arguably WWE’s third-biggest pay-per-view of a year. Check out a summation and examination below, and be certain to lapse to CBS Sports on Sunday for live coverage of Survivor Series.
Big fan of WWE? Be certain to subscribe to my podcast In This Corner with Brian Campbell where we mangle down all we need to know any week.
The Shield leads a Raw invasion
In a center of a compare between The New Day and a group of Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, The Shield’s song strike and a Hounds of Justice strolled by a throng and into a ring. The 5 SmackDown superstars stood together usually for Owens and Zayn to embankment New Day before The Shield entered a ring to conflict their opponents on Sunday. The Usos ran out from a behind and stared down Roman Reigns for a second before Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins took caring of them. Sheamus and Cesaro afterwards entered a ring to assistance as a Raw women were shown backstage invading a locker room. The masculine rosters afterwards ran in from a throng and backstage area, though usually as SmackDown was removing a tip hand, Raw ubiquitous manager Kurt Angle seemed from a behind and brought out Braun Strowman, who privileged a trail to a ring and spotless house.
The Shield forced SmackDown commissioner Shane McMahon to demeanour around a ring during all of his depressed superstars before Angle grabbed him by a face. “You consider this is bad?! Wait until Sunday,” Angle said, instructing The Shield to cavalcade McMahon with a Triple Powerbomb. Angle afterwards carried him adult for a Angle Slam, though with scarcely dual mins left on a show, everybody stood around in a ring not doing most of anything. The Shield strike McMahon with one some-more Triple Powerbomb before a Raw register distinguished on stage.
While this advance was telegraphed for weeks, it did not indispensably disappoint. The go-home shred of a go-home uncover for Survivor Series achieved accurately what it is ostensible to, that is surprisingly not always common for WWE streamer into large pay-per-views. Say what we will about how a #undersiege angle started, though WWE unequivocally came together over a final two-plus weeks to book Raw and SmackDown unusually strong.
There are apparent elements that will come during Survivor Series, including Owens and Zayn factoring into a McMahon elimination, Kane doing a same for Strowman, etc. Nevertheless, there is so most star energy during a tip of this label that there’s no approach WWE screws it adult … right?
A special night for a Flairs
In front of her hometown crowd, Charlotte Flair challenged Natalya for her SmackDown women’s championship. Flair took some odd risks, including environment adult for a moonsault from a tip of a barricade; Natalya grabbed Flair and powerbombed her spine-first into a ring post instead. With Flair knocked out, Natalya sealed a challenger in a Sharpshooter though could not get a submission. Flair afterwards forced Natalya out of a ring, booted her in a face when she reentered and sealed in a Figure Eight to make a champ tap. Women’s Championship — Charlotte def. Natalya (c) around acquiescence to win a title
After a match, a new champion called out Raw women’s champion Alexa Bliss and betrothed to better her during Survivor Series. She afterwards thanked a Charlotte throng and — with tears in her eyes — dedicated a feat to her father, Ric Flair, who she pronounced was examination from home. To Charlotte’s surprise, Ric’s song strike and a 16-time universe heavyweight champion met her on a theatre for an romantic impulse we can watch below.
It’s allergies, we tell you. While a pretension change was a bit of a warn — we approaching Flair to win a tag during a Starrcade residence uncover after this month — it give us a illusory Flair-Bliss compare during Survivor Series that will make a already-stacked label even some-more exciting. As for her father’s return, it was a illusory impulse that authorised WWE fans to see Ric though holding any of a spotlight off of Charlotte winning a championship. Here’s anticipating Ric’s liberation continues and we see copiousness some-more of him on WWE TV over a years.
What else happened on SmackDown?
- McMahon pep talk, Daniel Bryan speech: SmackDown began with an apparently pre-taped shred with McMahon station on a theatre perplexing to get his code juiced for Survivor Series. McMahon betrothed SmackDown would turn “the show” in WWE and that nobody could stop them on Sunday.
- Daniel Bryan advocates for AJ Styles: In a ring, ubiquitous manager Bryan betrothed SmackDown would be prepared for a intensity Raw advance and guaranteed his code will be winning on Sunday. He afterwards introduced Styles, a new WWE champion, and offering to be his personal disciple for a night. Bryan proceeded to ridicule Paul Heyman’s introduction of concept champion Brock Lesnar and impute to Lesnar as a quitter for withdrawal WWE once and drumming out to a “half-assed knee bar” in UFC. He went on to contend Lesnar does not have anywhere nearby Styles’ stamina and that a WWE champion will mentally conquer Lesnar during Survivor Series. “I can talk, I’m not a puppet like Brock Lesnar,” Styles added. “… we will find a approach — to a final exhale in my physique — we will find a approach to kick Brock Lesnar and infer that SmackDown Live is a ‘A show.'” After a break, Jinder Mahal told Styles backstage he will recover a WWE title.
- United States Championship — Baron Corbin (c) def. Sin Cara around pinfall to keep a title: Corbin’s had his best matches with Sin Cara; they unequivocally work good together. He eventually strike End of Days for a 1-2-3.
- McMahon and Bryan crush it out: Backstage, Bryan pronounced — after Survivor Series — he needs to have a review with McMahon about never consulting him about #undersiege. When McMahon attempted to explain himself, Bryan gave him a palm and left.
- Bludgeon Brothers vignette: The final one, hopefully, as they lapse subsequent week.
- Jimmy Uso def. Chad Gable around pinfall: Once Shelton Benjamin and Jey Uso got concerned on a ring apron and outside, Jimmy Uso took advantage of a dreaming Gable with a superkick for a purify win.
- The New Day vs. Kevin Owens Sami Zayn ends in a no contest: Owens and Zayn complained backstage about not being on Survivor Series, blaming McMahon and observant they should be a ones confronting The Shield. The New Day cut a promo in a ring about how The Shield is usually together for preference and is not a genuine team. Their compare got underway though was never finished due to a invasion.