WWE SummerSlam 2016: Matches, card, start time, date, how to watch, live stream
August 21, 2016 - WWE
WWE will benefaction SummerSlam on Sunday, Aug. 21 from Brooklyn, New York, and a company’s second-biggest pay-per-view of a year includes a array of pretension matches that should make for a good show.
The whole thing kicks off during 5 p.m. ET as WWE presents a two-hour kickoff uncover before to a eventuality itself. SummerSlam will start during 7 p.m. ET and run for 4 hours. WWE needs that prolonged of a uncover deliberation a label it has put together, that includes each singular championship being shielded and nothing of those matches looking like they will be a show’s categorical event.
Here’s all we need to know about a 2016 book of WWE SummerSlam.
American Alpha, Usos Hype Bros vs. Breezango, Ascension Vaudevillains
Sami Zayn Neville vs. The Dudley Boyz
Carmella, Becky Lynch Naomi vs. Natalya, Alexa Bliss TBA
– Eva Marie was ostensible to be a sixth lady in a SmackDown code match, though a 30-day wellness process cessation leaves an open spot.
Cesaro vs. Sheamus
– Raw ubiquitous manager Mick Foley announced this will be a initial compare in a best-of-seven array that will presumably interpretation in a subsequent dual months.
Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) vs. Apollo Crews
– The Miz has hold a pretension for some-more than 4 months given a day after WrestleMania. Crews debuted on a categorical WWE register that same night. [Picks Predictions]
Tag Team Championship: The New Day (c) vs. Gallows Anderson
– Most of New Day’s pretension defenses have enclosed Big E, a largest member of a group, who is harmed in a storyline and not approaching to attend in a match. [Picks Predictions]
Women’s Championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Charlotte
– Banks won a pretension one month ago and is now a many renouned womanlike performer in a company. [Picks Predictions]
United States Championship: Rusev (c) vs. Roman Reigns
– In a center of carrying his impression rebuilt as a clever heel, Rusev takes on Reigns, who unsuccessful to get over with fans as a babyface main-event performer. [Picks Predictions]
John Cena vs. AJ Styles
– Cena and Styles have put together a integrate of good matches already, and this should be a perfection of this apportionment of their long-running feud. [Picks Predictions]
World Heavyweight Championship: Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler
– Ziggler, who had been relegated to midcard standing by WWE for distant too long, is Ambrose’s initial SmackDown challenger for a title. Whether he gets a boost to take over as champion is positively a question. [Picks Predictions]
Universal Championship: Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor
– WWE has introduced a Universal Championship as a heavyweight pretension for a Raw brand. It is now empty and Rollins, a former universe heavyweight champion, and Balor, who debuted on a categorical register final month following a WWE Draft, will be going head-to-head for a strap. [Picks Predictions]
Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton
– The initial compare announced on a SummerSlam card, Lesnar enters it with some debate entrance off a certain doping exam following his startling lapse to UFC. As he is a part-time performer in WWE, he suffered no punishment from a company. Orton is also participating in his initial underline compare given blank many of a year with a critical injury. [Picks Predictions]
How to watch
Kickoff — 5 p.m. ET: WWE Network
SummerSlam — 7 p.m. ET: WWE Network or pay-per-view